Why Join CEPA?
Involvement with the only national organization exclusively dedicated to supporting the profession of clinical exercise physiology.
- Affordable webinars: Learn about CEPA's upcoming Continuing Education Opportunities
- Access to the only professional journal with feature articles relevant to the day-to-day practice of clinical exercise physiology.
- Quarterly newsletters with ongoing information about CEPA, the profession of clinical exercise physiology, and practical information to use on the job.
- Access to the most comprehensive salary and practice survey ever conducted, specific to the work of clinical exercise physiologists.
- Connect to other clinical exercise physiologists through Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Internship information is available online through CEPA. Programs may submit their internship opportunities. Students can find an internship to meet their needs by accessing the CEPA Internship Directory.
- Assistance with licensure efforts. Check out legislative resources.
A bachelor’s degree or higher in exercise physiology/science AND hold one of the following credentials or functional equivalent:
- ACSM Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-RCEP)
- ACSM Clinical Exercise Physiologist (ACSM-CEP)
- ACSM Program Director (ACSM-PD)
- ESSA Accredited Exercise Physiologist (AEP)
- Possess a terminal degree in exercise physiology or similar and be actively involved in research with clinical populations or teaching/advising students in an academic program that includes a clinical component.
Access to all member resources and the right to participate in annual elections for Executive Committee members, make nominations for the Executive Committee, serve on committee, serve as committee chair, and be a member of the Executive Committee.
$40 (ACSM national member), $65 (non ACSM national member)
A bachelor’s degree or higher in exercise physiology/science.
Associate Members receive all the benefits of full membership except
the right to participate in annual elections for Executive Committee members, make nominations for the Executive Committee, serve as committee chair, or be a member of the Executive Committee.
$35 (ACSM national member), $55 (non ACSM national member)
Active student of an academic program in exercise physiology/science.
Student Members have the same privileges as the Associate Member.
Please note: All membership applications or renewals must be submitted online.
"How can we distinguish ourselves from PT/OT/Personal Trainers/Etc? It's by getting the information out there about our profession, networking, volunteering and research. CEPA membership gives us these opportunities to make a name for ourselves as Clinical Exercise Physiologists!”
-Garrett Kellar, MS, ACSM-RCEP, AACVPR-CCRP; PhD Student; University of Pittsburgh; Pittsburgh, PA